FURNITURE & MATTRESS SALES SPECIALIST
Bitter Neumann is seeking a results-driven, detail-oriented candidate for our Furniture & Mattress Sales Specialist position. The right candidate will assist furniture and mattress customers with their purchases as well as provide service after the sale. This position is responsible for all sales activities and related job duties, from assessing customer needs to the close of the sale, and follow-up. The successful candidate will be able to meet customers’ expectations, achieve sales goals and elevate company standards. He/she must be reliable, have personal initiative and drive, and be able to contribute critical thinking, problem-solving and conflict resolutions skills. Previous sales experience is preferred, and computer knowledge is required.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales and customer service.
- Actively seek out customers in store.
- Assess customers' needs; provide assistance and information on product features; and recommend appropriate products based on the customer's requirements.
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options with customers.
- Advise customers on care and utilization of products. Demonstrate live how products work.
- Build productive trust relationships with customers.
- Cross-sell products.
- Accurately quote prices, inventory availability, delivery dates and warranties.
- Schedule delivery to customers.
- Create and update customer records.
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service.
- Assist in displaying merchandise and maintain sales floor to ensure it is in presentable condition at all times.
- Customer service experience is required; previous retail sales experience is preferred. Interior design experience a plus.
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- High school diploma / GED equivalent
- Reliable, punctual.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Computer knowledge
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Customer service focused
- Conflict resolution skills
- Personal initiative and drive
- Analytical and math skills
This full-time position includes hourly pay plus quarterly bonus, 40-45 hours per week, with one weekday off per week and a rotating Saturday schedule. Full benefits include Paid Flex Time; Health, Dental, and Life Insurance; 401k; and Employee Discounts.