APPLIANCE SALES SPECIALIST / PURCHASING ASSISTANT
Bitter Neumann is seeking a results-driven, detail-oriented candidate for our Internet Sales Specialist/Appliance Purchasing Assistant position. The right candidate will assist online and in-store appliance customers with their purchases as well as perform the tasks required to facilitate appliance purchases from manufacturers and suppliers. This position is responsible for online sales activities, including following up on incoming Internet leads, quote requests and online orders, and converting online leads to increase sales. The right candidate will also place daily appliance orders with manufacturers and suppliers, monitor shipments and maintain thorough purchasing records to ensure product is ordered accurately and received in a timely manner for delivery to our customers. Secondarily, this position will be present on the sales floor to assist in-store customers based on store traffic.
- Respond to and track Internet-generated sales leads, quote requests and orders.
- Convert online leads to increase sales.
- Assess customers’ needs, provide assistance and information on product features and recommend appropriate products based on the individual requirements.
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options with customers.
- Accurately quote prices, delivery dates and warranties.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales and customer service.
- Advise customers on care and utilization of products.
- Create and update customer records.
- Assist in scheduling appliance delivery to customers.
- Maintain sales floor and display merchandise to ensure it is in presentable condition at all times.
- Create and maintain appliance purchase orders.
- Monitor product inventory and anticipate needs based on market and customer demand.
- Monitor shipments and contact manufacturers and suppliers when there are discrepancies.
- Maintain relationships with manufacturing and supplier representatives.
- Attend select Chamber of Commerce and Homebuilders Association events.
- Customer service experience is required; previous retail sales experience is preferred.
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- High school diploma / GED equivalent
- Reliable, punctual
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Computer knowledge
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Customer service focused
- Conflict resolution skills
- Personal initiative and drive
- Analytical and math skills
This full-time position includes hourly pay plus quarterly bonus, 40-45 hours per week, with one weekday off per week and a Saturday rotating schedule. Full benefits include Paid Flex Time; Health, Dental, and Life Insurance; 401k; and Employee Discounts.