Furniture/Mattress Sales Associate
Bitter Neumann, a 4th generation family owned business, continues to grow and is seeking a results-driven Furniture & Mattress Sales Associate at our Sheboygan store to assist customers choose the best furniture and mattresses for their homes. The sales associate is responsible for all sales activities and related job duties, from assessing customer needs to recommending appropriate product and closing the sale, along with follow-up. The successful candidate will be able to meet customers’ expectations, achieve sales goals and elevate company standards. He/she is also responsible for maintaining showroom displays. Previous retail sales experience is helpful, but not required.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales and customer service.
- Actively seek out customers in store.
- Assess customers' needs, provide assistance and information on product features, and recommend appropriate products based on individual requirements.
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options with customers.
- Advise customers on care and utilization of products. Demonstrate live how products work.
- Build productive trust relationships with customers.
- Accurately quote prices, warranties and delivery dates.
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service.
- Assist in displaying merchandise and maintain sales floor to ensure it is in presentable condition at all times.
- Create and accurately maintain customer records.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
- Proven working experience as sales associate (not necessarily required); 1+ year of retail sales experience preferred.
- Track record of over-achieving sales quota preferred
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Customer service focused
- Reliable and punctual
- High-energy personality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn sales techniques
- Willingness to study and learn furniture and mattress product
- Strong memory skills
- Computer knowledge of Word, Excel and the internet
- Understanding of local geographical area to schedule deliveries
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and organizational skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Drive for superior customer service
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Positive Attitude
- Personal initiative and drive
This full-time hourly position is 36-40 hours per week, and includes evenings and weekend rotations. Full benefits include Paid Flex Time; Health, Dental, and Life Insurance; 401k; and Employee Discounts.