CERTIFIED RESIDENTIAL REFRIGERATOR REPAIR TECHNICIAN
Bitter Neumann, a 4th generation family-owned business, is seeking a certified appliance service technician to troubleshoot, inspect, and repair refrigerators and other major home appliances in customers' homes.
- Troubleshoot, inspect and perform repair on refrigerators and a variety of other major home appliances in customers' homes.
- Troubleshoot service issues in person, over the phone and via messaging.
- Prepare and provide repair cost estimates for materials and labor.
- Prepare and maintain work orders.
- Communicate with customers or refer to work orders to establish the nature of appliance malfunctions and solutions.
- Observe, disassemble and examine appliances during operation to detect specific malfunctions.
- Refer to schematic drawings, product manuals, troubleshooting guides and tech lines to diagnose and repair problems.
- Order parts needed for service orders.
- Replace worn and defective parts such as switches, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, circuit boards, or defective wiring.
- Reassemble units after repairs are made, making adjustments and cleaning parts as needed to ensure optional performance.
- Observe and test operation of appliances following repair to ensure proper functioning.
- Instruct customers regarding operation and care of appliances.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed on appliances.
- Present invoices and receipts and collect payments for services rendered.
- Turn in receipts and money received from service calls.
- Sell products from truck inventory and keep records of sales.
- Communicate with repair/service customers via phone, messaging and in person.
- Perform in-shop repair of appliances; recondition and clean appliances for resale.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
- National Appliance Service Technician Certification
- Residential Refrigeration Repair Certification preferred; knowledge of sealed systems required.
- Valid driver's license, along with a clean driving record
- Mechanical ability
- Great customer service skills
- Professional conduct
- Computer knowledge of Word, Excel and the internet
- Understanding of local geographical area
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and organizational skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
This full-time position includes hourly pay plus quarterly bonus, 40-45 hours per week, with one weekday off per week and a Saturday rotating schedule. Full benefits include Paid Flex Time; Health, Dental, and Life Insurance; 401k; and Employee Discounts.